Hi, I’m Paola Tarragona
Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC)
If you are reading this you are ready to heal , to learn and to embrace the new you. You are trying to find the right counselor for you and doing your own research. I know this can be overwhelming so take your time,
It takes a lot of courage to take the step you are taking. I want you to know that you are not alone. We are all a work in progress. I want to work with you to help you enhance your knowledge and the strength you already have so that you can live your best authentic life.
I am a Licensed Mental Health Counselor in Florida and also have a temporary license in the state of New Jersey. As a Peruvian-born immigrant I was taught at a very young age the meaning of hard work, kindness and determination. Growing up I struggle with my own trauma, had to learned to adapt to a new environment and was not always easy and because of that I decided to become a counselor and help others that have being through the same or similar experiences.
I am fluent in English and Spanish and I offer my services in your preferred language.
I am here to work together to promote self growth
I gained my clinical experience as a counselor in a Domestic Violence Shelter and at a Diversion program in Central Florida. Throughout my experiences in the agency and private practice environment, I have worked with individuals, families, couples, and children of diverse cultures, religions, and preferences. My passion is working with people with trauma, anxiety, self-identity, depression, self-esteem, adoption, and any traumatic event that has occurred in their life.
What are you like as a therapist?
My main goal during our initial sessions is to form an alliance with you so you feel comfortable to share honestly, without fear of being judged and provide you a safe space to speak freely.
Don’t worry, therapy is not a process where you talk to someone who sits, nods, quietly judges you and then tries to “fix” you. As a therapist I believe you are in control during session and I will guide you throughout the way. At times I will help you question yourself, help you think outside of the box and give you tools to enhance your knowledge.
During our first session we will work together to create a plan that will identify your needs and goals. We create a partnership.
What is your approach to therapy?
I believe that each individual is very unique and I tailor my approach to each individual’s needs. I am an eclectic therapist. My counseling style combines, but not limited to: Cognitive Behavioral, EMDR, Strength Based, Humanisitc/Existential approach, Empowerment Based, Trauma Focused, Solution Focused and other approaches to help individuals achieve their goals. We work collaboratively in creating a plan to reach their potential during therapy.
What will I get out of therapy?
- Improve your outlook on life and what is possible for you
- Learn to be kinder to yourself
- Learn to look after your emotional well being without guilt
- Learn how to manage challenging emotions when they arise
- Gain an appreciation of your strengths and how you can build on them
- Identify your triggers and develop a plan of action
- Break free from the influence of your challenging past
- Have a better opinion of yourself
Even more personal…
I am a daughter, a friend, a sister and a wife. I am in love with my sweet Goldendoodle named Viper.
I love to travel, love to eat, love to watch movies and spend time with the family.
I would be honored to work with you. You deserve to feel better!
“Kindness begins with the understanding that we all struggle.”
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) in the State of Florida and Temporary Licensed in the State of New Jersey.
- Master of Science Degree in Human Services with a Concentration In Mental Health Counseling – Springfield College
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Psychology with a minor in Family & Child Science – Florida State University
- EMDR Certified: Level 1 and Level 2
- Clinical Trauma Specialist – Individual (CCTS-I) training
- Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) facilitator certification Training by Mental
- Health Association of Central Florida
- Telehealth for Mental Health Professional Certification
- 25 Hours course that satisfies the Florida Certification board knowledge area of Peer Recovery
- Person Centered thinking (PCT) certification
- Intensive Youth Crisis Intervention Team training by NAMI Greater Orlando
- Adoption Competency Training for Mental Health Professionals
- Certified CORE training in Domestic Violence
- Serving Vulnerable Populations: LGBTQ+ and Sexually Exploited Youth training by Devereux and the Zebra Coalition
- Evidence based Nurturing Parenting Program trained
- Motivational Interviewing certification
- Effective communication certification
- Trauma Informed Care Certification from the Florida Department of Health
- Verbal De-escalation certification
- Co- Occurring Disorders Certification
- Cultural Sensitivity Training certification
I am continuing to attend trainings that are best suited for my clients.
Be Kind Counseling, LLC maintains this internet site as a resource to our clients. It is not intended to be a substitute for psychotherapy. Included are direct links to other websites which we believe may be helpful; however, this does not imply that Be Kind Counseling, LLC endorses all the information provided at each of these sites.